Sunday, December 20, 2009

If I could love and give back what I have...

Nobody. Nothing. Never.
Cuddled under blankets, quilts and the like.
Covers, coats, sheets and wrapping.
Menial. Dull. Humdrum.
Ignominious.
I need You to connect with me again.
To be a blink away.
You still call me Yours but I want to be so much more...
Someone who truly lives and loves like she
truly knows and lives that!

A flash, a flicker,
a wink, a glimpse,
Away from You.
Yet I feel overlooked; a blind eye turned to me.
But I'm not sure whose.

To look up love in a thesaurus
is to find a list of words...
In a Bible a list of actions
by love Himself.
I am cherished.
I am prized.
I am treasured.
I am delighted in; enjoyed.
I am loved.




I've got no title to my name;
no degrees listed,
no prizes won.
no series of achievments,
nothing extraordinary,
nothing to be impressed by,
nothing to call mine.


I like to think I'm simple
I love best as I can.
Live taking the most risks within reach.

I'm ordinary; I am nothing more than me.
Yet I am a child of a King...
The title I can never be worhty of.

Titles....They won't make me;
The more I have the more pressure,
the less I have the more simple and focused I can be...
the more single-minded and in-tune I can be.

To love; To give back what i have.
To use my life for someone else...
What does Malta need?
I seek to love, to be focused on serving...
not to be entertained but to imitate You.




"To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Who is a God like you...?
You will again have compassion on us;
You will tread our sins underfoot
and hurl all our iniquities into the depth of the sea!"

Micah 6:8, 7:18-19

No comments: